Joan Nancy O'Keeffe Joan and David Duffus
This web site is dedicated to my mother Joan Nancy O'Keeffe who was born in Paris, France on November, 22, 1923 and who died in Greenville, North Carolina on October 10, 1969.
Descendants of Edward Joseph O'KEEFFE
Generation No. 1
1. EDWARD JOSEPH1 O'KEEFFE was born 1770 in County Cork, Ireland.
Children of EDWARD JOSEPH O'KEEFFE are:
2. i. PIERCE2 O'KEEFFE, b. 1800, County Cork, Ireland.
3. ii. HENRY O'KEEFFE, b. 1805, County Cork, Ireland; d. June 18, 1871.
Generation No. 2
2. PIERCE2 O'KEEFFE (EDWARD JOSEPH1) was born 1800 in County Cork, Ireland. He married CATHERINE MARY UNK 1822 in County Cork, Ireland.
Children of PIERCE O'KEEFFE and CATHERINE UNK are:
i. BERNARD3 O'KEEFFE, b. Sun Prarie, Dane Co., WI; d. 1897.
ii. PETER O'KEEFFE, b. Sun Prarie, Dane Co.WI; d. 1883.
iii. BONIFACE O'KEEFFE, b. Sun Prarie, Dane Co., WI; d. 1888.
4. iv. FRANCIS CALIXTUS O'KEEFFE, b. 1860, Wisconsin.
3. HENRY2 O'KEEFFE (EDWARD JOSEPH1) was born 1805 in County Cork, Ireland, and died June 18, 1871. He married ROSANNA M. MCDEVITT November 17, 1843 in County Cork, Ireland, daughter of UNK MCDEVITT.
Children of HENRY O'KEEFFE and ROSANNA MCDEVITT are:
i. ANNASTASIA (TENNIE)3 O'KEEFFE, b. August 25, 1844, New York; d. April 14, 1902.
5. ii. EDWARD J. O'KEEFFE, b. September 08, 1845; d. April 10, 1904.
iii. JOHN G. O'KEEFFE, b. February 22, 1847, New York; d. August 18, 1922, Bellevue Hospital, NY; m. ELIZABETH GILLIGAN, January 29, 1884.
iv. ANNA O'KEEFFE, b. March 18, 1849; d. April 21, 1928.
v. FERDINAND O'KEEFFE, b. December 11, 1851; d. February 19, 1888.
vi. WILLIAM HENRY (HARRY) O'KEEFFE, b. November 08, 1853, NY; d. June 16, 1925.
Notes for WILLIAM HENRY (HARRY) O'KEEFFE: per details of Henry O'Keeffe's bible notations
vii. PHILIP AUGUSTUS O'KEEFFE, b. September 10, 1855, NY; d. September 1937, New York, NY.
6. viii. SAMUEL JAMES O'KEEFFE, b. July 25, 1858, New York, NY; d. May 28, 1920.
Generation No. 3
4. FRANCIS CALIXTUS3 O'KEEFFE (PIERCE2, EDWARD JOSEPH1) was born 1860 in Wisconsin. He married WYCKOFF TOTTO IDA February 19, 1884 in An Episcopal Church, Madison, WI.
Children of FRANCIS O'KEEFFE and WYCKOFF IDA are:
i. FRANCIS CALIXTUS4 O'KEEFFE, b. 1885, Sun Prarie, Dane Co., WI.
ii. GEORGIA TOTTO O'KEEFFE,
b. November 15, 1887, Sun Prarie, Dane Co., WI; d. 1986, New Mexico; m. ALFRED STIEGLITZ, 1924, New York, NY.
iii. IDA TEN EYCK O'KEEFFE, b. 1889, Sun Prarie, Dane Co., WI.
iv. CLAUDIA RUTH O'KEEFFE, b. 1889, Sun Praire Co., WI.
v. ANITA NATALIE O'KEEFFE, b. 1891, Sun Prarie, Dane Co., WI.
vi. ALEXIUS WYCKOFF O'KEEFFE, b. 1892, Sun Prarie, Dane Co.WI; m. ELIZABETH O'KEEFFE.
vii. CATHERINE BLANCHE O'KEEFFE, b. 1895, Sun Prarie, Dane Co., WI.
5. EDWARD J.3 O'KEEFFE (HENRY2, EDWARD JOSEPH1) was born September 08, 1845, and died April 10, 1904. He married JENNIE RYAN, daughter of UNK RYAN and ANNA RYAN.
Notes for JENNIE RYAN: Son Henry's (d 1879) death certificate said mother born in Boston. Burried in Anna Ryan's plot - Calvary Sect 6, Range 13, Plot R gaave 6/7
Children of EDWARD O'KEEFFE and JENNIE RYAN are:
i. HENRY4 O'KEEFFE, b. July 21, 1878, NY; d. June 09, 1879, 196 1/2 Choystie St (17th Ward).
ii. ANNA O'KEEFFE, b. 1879, US; d. April 1926; m. (1) UNK IRISH, Abt. 1897, New York; m. (2) UNK KERNGOOD, Abt. 1910, New York.
iii. ROSE E. O'KEEFFE, b. December 1879, NY; d. March 1881, NY.
iv. JOHN O'KEEFFE, b. January 11, 1884, NY; d. January 1884.
7. v. IDA O'KEEFFE, b. 1888, N.Y.; d. July 1960, N.Y..
6. SAMUEL JAMES3 O'KEEFFE (HENRY2, EDWARD JOSEPH1) was born July 25, 1858 in New York, NY, and died May 28, 1920. He married ELIZABETH O'TOOLE Abt. 1890, daughter of PATRICK O'TOOLE and BRIDGET UNK.
Notes for SAMUEL JAMES O'KEEFFE: per St.Patrick's Cathedral - Calvary & Allied Cemeteries Calvary cemetery Section 46, Plot 39 Grave #1/24 May 26, 1993
Child of SAMUEL O'KEEFFE and ELIZABETH O'TOOLE is:
8. i. SAMUEL4 O'KEEFFE, b. July 25, 1891, New York, NY; d. November 01, 1949, Syracuse, NY.
Generation No. 4
7. IDA4 O'KEEFFE (EDWARD J.3, HENRY2, EDWARD JOSEPH1) was born 1888 in N.Y., and died July 1960 in N.Y..
Children of IDA O'KEEFFE are:
i. LUCIA T. (PINKY)5 LAVERY, b. 1906, New Jersey; d. October 1983.
ii. HARRY J. LAVERY, b. 1910, New Jersey; d. January 1990, New York.
8. SAMUEL4 O'KEEFFE (SAMUEL JAMES3, HENRY2, EDWARD JOSEPH1) was born July 25, 1891 in New York, NY, and died November 01, 1949 in Syracuse, NY. He married CONSTANCE DEVERAUX WILCOX June 02, 1922 in St. Patricks Cathedral, New York, NY, daughter of HAROLD WILCOX and ELIZA HORSMAN.
Notes for SAMUEL O'KEEFFE: When entering WW-I service Home address was 790 Riverside Drive, NY,NY When entering WW-II service home address was 21 Washington Avenue, Lawrence,NY SN 0 497 783. Address 1900: South Street, Queens, NY 1923: 5 East 84th Street, NY,Ny 1926: 77 Cresant Beach Road, Glen Cove 1927: x Walnut Street, San Diego,CA Certificate of Death Dist. No.3301 Registered No. 2197 Myocardial Infarction 11/1/49 signed by O.A.Moller, MD at Memorial Hospital, Syracuse
Notes for CONSTANCE DEVERAUX WILCOX: 49 Lindsay Blvd., Flatbush at 6:45 pm
Children of SAMUEL O'KEEFFE and CONSTANCE WILCOX are:
9. i. NANCY5 O'KEEFFE, b. November 22, 1923; d. October 10, 1969, Greenville, NC.
10. ii. ELIZABETH TERESA O'KEEFFE, b. July 10, 1925, Glen Cove, NY; d. October 1993, Grasonville, MD.
iii. JOHN GEORGE O'KEEFFE, b. August 06, 1926, New York, NY; d. December 23, 1995, Orlando, FL.
11. iv. WILLIAM H. O'KEEFFE, b. May 24, 1928, Glen Cove, NY.
12. v. KATHERINE O'KEEFFE, b. January 13, 1930.
13. vi. ROBERT D. O'KEEFFE, b. July 21, 1931, Morristown, NJ.
14. vii. PHILIP O'KEEFFE, b. November 28, 1932, 66 Ball Road, Mountain Lakes, NJ.
Generation No. 5
9. NANCY5 O'KEEFFE (SAMUEL4, SAMUEL JAMES3, HENRY2, EDWARD JOSEPH1) was born November 22, 1923, and died October 10, 1969 in Greenville, NC. She married JOHN DAVID DUFFUS August 07, 1942 in Sedalia, MO.
Children of NANCY O'KEEFFE and JOHN DUFFUS are:
Children of JOHN DAVID DUFFUS, JR. and SHERRY DIANE ROBINSON are:
i. JOHN DAVID DUFFUS, JR., b. May 14, 1946, Oceanside, NY.; m SHERRY DIANE ROBINSON
i. JOHN DAVID9 DUFFUS III, b. October 01, 1972.
ii. MEGAN ELIZABETH DUFFUS, b. March 17, 1980.
ii. CHARLENE ANN DUFFUS, b. July 22, 1947, Ft. Totten, NY.; m. LARRY NIELSEN
iii. KEVIN PAUL DUFFUS, b. March 24, 1954, Lubbock, TX; m. SUSAN KAVANAUGH.
iv. MARY JEANNE DUFFUS, b. November 28, 1960, Marquette, MI.; m. DANIEL MONAHAN
v. CHRISTOPHER WILLIAM8 DUFFUS, b. August 28, 1963, Montgomery, AL.; m. AMY MUSTIAN
10. ELIZABETH TERESA5 O'KEEFFE (SAMUEL4, SAMUEL JAMES3, HENRY2, EDWARD JOSEPH1) was born July 10, 1925 in Glen Cove, NY, and died October 1993 in Grasonville, MD. She married DONALD R. PIERCE June 18, 1947 in Rockville Center, NY.
Children of ELIZABETH O'KEEFFE and DONALD PIERCE are:
i. DONNA MAE6 PIERCE, b. April 16, 1955, Roslyn, NY.
ii. JENNIFER PIERCE, b. July 02, 1967, Glen Cove, NY.
11. WILLIAM H. (ME)5 O'KEEFFE (SAMUEL4, SAMUEL JAMES3, HENRY2, EDWARD JOSEPH1) was born May 24, 1928 in Glen Cove, NY. He married JANET L. WATTS January 31, 1953 in St.Mary's Chapel, Ann Arbor, MI, daughter of FRED WATTS and ELIZABETH LOWELL.
Children of WILLIAM O'KEEFFE and JANET WATTS are:
i. KATHLEEN ANN6 O'KEEFFE, b. July 13, 1954, Endicott, NY.
15. ii. JAMES FRANCIS O'KEEFFE, b. August 16, 1955, Endicott, NY.
iii. MARGARET MARY O'KEEFFE, b. September 04, 1957, Milwaukee, WI; m. WILLIAM P. MCKINLEY, October 1978, Oil City PA.
16. iv. ELIZABETH JANE O'KEEFFE, b. April 29, 1959, Cincinnati, OH.
v. ANN MARIE O'KEEFFE, b. July 16, 1960, Cincinnati, OH.
vi. SAMUEL JOSEPH O'KEEFFE, b. January 15, 1962, Cincinnati, OH.
12. KATHERINE5 O'KEEFFE (SAMUEL4, SAMUEL JAMES3, HENRY2, EDWARD JOSEPH1) was born January 13, 1930. She married (1) DON MCCARTHY Abt. 1950 in Rockville Center, LI. She married (2) ROBERT RICHARDS Abt. 1970 in Connecticuit.
Children of KATHERINE O'KEEFFE and DON MCCARTHY are:
i. CAROLE LYNN6 MCCARTHY, b. May 08, 1960, LI, NY.
ii. TOMMY MCCARTHY, b. 1961, LI, NY.
13. ROBERT D.5 O'KEEFFE (SAMUEL4, SAMUEL JAMES3, HENRY2, EDWARD JOSEPH1) was born July 21, 1931 in Morristown, NJ. He married PHYLLIS M. FITZGERALD August 04, 1956 in Rockville Center, NY.
Child of ROBERT O'KEEFFE and PHYLLIS FITZGERALD is:
i. ELLEN6 O'KEEFFE, b. February 23, 1968.
14. PHILIP5 O'KEEFFE (SAMUEL4, SAMUEL JAMES3, HENRY2, EDWARD JOSEPH1) was born November 28, 1932 in 66 Ball Road, Mountain Lakes, NJ. He married CAROLE SWINGLE May 07, 1955 in Rockville Center, NY.
Children of PHILIP O'KEEFFE and CAROLE SWINGLE are:
i. RICHARD SREVEN6 O'KEEFFE, b. April 24, 1957, LI, NY.
17. ii. PATRICIA ANN O'KEEFFE, b. July 14, 1961, LI, NY.
iii. THOMAS GARY O'KEEFFE, b. August 20, 1962, LI, NY.
Generation No. 6
15. JAMES FRANCIS6 O'KEEFFE (WILLIAM H. (ME)5, SAMUEL4, SAMUEL JAMES3, HENRY2, EDWARD JOSEPH1) was born August 16, 1955 in Endicott, NY. He married GIULIA LUCCI November 20, 1993 in Pittsburgh, PA.
Children of JAMES O'KEEFFE and GIULIA LUCCI are:
i. KATIE7 O'KEEFFE, b. 1995, Pittsburgh, PA.
ii. KELLY MAUVE O'KEEFFE, b. April 15, 1996, Pittsburgh, PA.
16. ELIZABETH JANE6 O'KEEFFE (WILLIAM H. (ME)5, SAMUEL4, SAMUEL JAMES3, HENRY2, EDWARD JOSEPH1) was born April 29, 1959 in Cincinnati, OH. She married ERIC CRUMP January 09, 1988 in Tucson, AZ.
Children of ELIZABETH O'KEEFFE and ERIC CRUMP are:
i. JENAI7 CRUMP, b. 1990, Tucson, AZ.
ii. CALEB CRUMP, b. 1992, Tucson, AZ.
17. PATRICIA ANN6 O'KEEFFE (PHILIP5, SAMUEL4, SAMUEL JAMES3, HENRY2, EDWARD JOSEPH1) was born July 14, 1961 in LI, NY. She married ANDREW SCOTT YUDIN July 04, 1992 in Roslyn.
Children of PATRICIA O'KEEFFE and ANDREW YUDIN are:
i. DANIELLE7 YUDIN, b. August 17, 1990, CA.
ii. ALEXIX N. YUDIN, b. April 14, 1993, CA.
Related trees: Horsman
Click on image!
For further information about the O'Keeffe family see the following web sites:
O'Keeffe Family Tree
Ancient O'Keeffe male lineage from 200AD to 1700AD
O'Keeffe Home Page
The Georgia O'Keeffe Online Gallery
The Museum of Fine Arts
Aa richts is pitten by. Nae pairt o this darg shuid be doobelt, hained in onie kin o
seestem, or furthset in onie kythin or bi onie gate whitsomeiver, athoot haein leave
frae the writer afore-haund.
Copyright 1999 - 2001. All rights reserved.
Site design by David Duffus